The conference is two short days away, and today we bring you our last post in a series of sneak peeks at the American Studies Graduate Student Conference: a panel entitled “American Nightmares.”
- Sara O’Neill, “Longing for the Zombie Apocalypse: Max Brooks’ World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War and Contemporary America”
- Susan Quesal, “The John Wayne Gacy House as Metaphor for America”
- David Juarez, “‘I was Gerard’: Saintliness, Sorrow, and Shame in Jack Kerouac’s Visions of Gerard”
- Kayla Rhidenour, “The Dream of a Soldier, The Promise of a Nation”
- Regina Mills, “The Indescribable and Undiscussable in George Washington Gómez: The Trauma of An American Dream”
This panel will be the final panel of the conference and will take place on Friday, April 5 from 4:00p.m. – 5:30p.m. in the Texas Union, 4.206 Chicano Culture Room. This is definitely one you don’t want to miss!